Setting up a booth or giving a demo at a community event this fall is a great way to raise awareness about your school and generate inquiries from prospective students. When you invest time at outside events, you get the greatest value when you schedule a large number of appointments.
Here are a few tips for recruiting new students at events during the fall season:
- Start by selecting events that will attract the type of people who like to train at your school. We look for events that will attract a large number of parents with their children, but your ideal student body may be different. During the fall there will be a variety of Back-to-School events, Harvest Festivals, Halloween Carnivals and holiday charity events that are an ideal choice.
- Bring an attractive display. This can be a simple table with a black tablecloth and a sign with your school’s name and logo. For extra credit, try to add colors or decorations that match the theme of the event (for example: bring school supplies to give away at a Back-to-School event, or add orange and black decorations at a Halloween event).
- Bring an audience magnet. We find that a prize wheel works very well for attracting families, as do balloons and a mascot. Be creative and remember to think about what will appeal to your target audience, and try to match the theme of the event.
- Bring the right team. Everyone helping you has to be friendly, outgoing and a 100% believer in your program. The first impressions your team members make on prospective students will also impact the way they think about your school.
- Get out from behind the table. Most of the time, people aren’t going to walk up to you, so you’ll need to approach them smoothly. Don’t startle them. Smile. Invite the child (or whoever you are recruiting) to do whatever activity you’ve got for them. If you have an activity that works with the theme of the fall event, all the better.
If you don’t already have a list of events that you can participate in this fall, try asking around with your parents and see what they are planning on attending this year. After all, you want more students just like them, so find out where they are planning to be!
CLICK HERE to download now.